Friday, November 22, 2013

Eggless Whole-wheat Microwave Cake


Hi!
I’m back with another healthy chocolaty recipe- a cake. It is made of whole wheat! Yes dear people, No Maida (all-purpose flour). Earlier I shared a healthy choco bites recipe and again you get to enjoy a healthy cake.
I love everything chocolate and this love contributes to my weight significantly. Here is my way of eating my favourite thing in a healthy way-

You need-
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup powdered sugar/ honey
4 tbsp Cocoa powder
2 tbsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4th tsp baking soda
1 cup fresh curd
1/4th cup olive oil
Walnuts/almonds/ chocolate chips

Let’s get started-
Sieve whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix curd and oil. Add sugar/honey. I used honey as I really like the dense flavour of honey. Some can say that honey is the healthier option but only if you get the original and not the random packaged ones available out there (I used dabur honey which is not 100% honey, I think). Add the whole wheat mixture and mix till the flour is merged in the liquid ingredients. Take a microwave safe bowl. Grease the bowl with some oil and pour the mixture in it. I’ve a round bowl but obviously you can use whichever you have.
 
 

Garnish the mixture with nuts and chocolate chips (I didn’t have chips so used just the dry fruits).
Microwave for 3 minutes and pause for 5 seconds, then microwave for another 4 minutes. Let the cake stand for 10 minutes to cool and then invert the bowl on a plate. Cut the cake into slices. Serve with chocolate sauce or ice-cream. I didn’t use any icing as it increases the calorie count.

This cake is quick, simple and sumptuous. I love it and keep making it.
Do try it and share your experiences. Happy eating!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is looking delicious <3 thanks for sharing :) will try for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat it right away :D Planning to make this on a weekend :)


    P.S. I am hosting a giveaway with some amazing prizes on my blog http://munniofalltrades.blogspot.in/2013/11/a-fantabulously-fantastic-giveaway.html. Hope you participate!

    ReplyDelete