Friday, October 25, 2013

Aloe Vera Uses and Patanjali Aloe Vera Gel


We all know that Aloe Vera gel is a fantastic product. And all of us have heard about its various uses. I started using Patanjali Aloe Vera gel on my face earlier this year to get rid of tan. Recently when we shifted in our new apartment, hubby became a gardener and bought an Aloe Vera plant among others.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Though he sometimes uses the gel straight from the plant, I’m yet to try it. Currently I’m happy with the Patanjali one.

Price- INR 75 for 150 ml. I think this is the cheapest Aloe gel around.

Shelf-life- 18 months

Ingredients- Aloe Vera 90%, Base material q.s., Permitted colour, Vitamin E, Fragrance and Preservative q.s.

My thoughts-The gel is packaged in a clear tube with orange flip-top cap. Pack is kind of boring and bulky but cap is tight and prevents spilling. The gel is green in colour and is neither runny nor thick.

 This gel blends easily and doesn’t cause greasiness. It helps in tan reduction. One tube lasts really long, making it even cheaper. I like this product.

Aloe gel can be used in numerous ways-

·         Make a body scrub by mixing 2 tbsp Aloe Vera gel, 1 tsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp sugar. I prefer brown sugar as it is not very coarse.

·         Make a good under eye cream- 4 tbsp aloe vera gel+  squeeze one 1 Vitamin E capsule (e.g. Evion) + 1 tbsp almond oil. Mix these together and you will get a milky green cream. Store it and use to reduce dark circles. I use it daily and like it.

·         You can aloe vera gel instead of body-lotions. It hydrates without stickiness.

·         Make your own face-primer- take aloe gel and your favourite moisturizer, add a pump of foundation and mix. Store it and use it as your makeup base. This one is perfect. Just make sure to add more aloe vera gel and comparatively less moisturizer.

·         Aloe gel is a good makeup remover and can be used to remove eye makeup as well.

·         For better hair-growth massage aloe gel on scalp and wash after 30 minutes. It can also be used as conditioner. I’d suggest to use gel straight out of plant for this purpose.

It also helps in treating minor burns, pimples and suits every skin type. Aloe Vera juice is good for digestive system also. There are many more benefits of Aloe Vera, so make it a part of your regimen and keep glowing!!
(The first image has been taken from internet)

2 comments:

  1. I have heard a lot abt this product..looks great product..
    nice review..

    my recent one :My Karwachauth Post
    http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/10/karwa-chauth-festival-oct-2013-mehndi.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Tejinder, I love aloe vera. Include it in ur regimen, u'd love it as well

    ReplyDelete