Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dove Elixir- Rose and Almond Oil (Hair Fall Rescue) Review


 Yesterday we went to Jal-Mahal to witness a Diwali celebration by Rajasthan tourism- Deepotsav. The setting was perfect with the grand Jal-Mahal and Mansagar Lake in background. The whole venue was lighted with more than 4000 diyas. The cultural programs presented by folk artists were good but the Sarkari arrangements had many glitches. We did not stay till the fireworks but I liked the show. Sharing an image-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 Now the review- Many of us do not like the idea of oiling our hair. Though I oil my hair once a week, I don’t like it much owing to my oily hair. I always keep looking for light hair oils. So it was obvious for me grab the precious hair oil by Dove which works in just 30 minutes. I got my first bottle in February this year, which still has some oil left.

Product Claims

Elixir is a luxurious blend of precious oils by Dove. Infused with real ingredients, it nourishes your hair from root to tip. This potent blend of oils has the power of overnight oiling in 30 minutes.

Price and availability- INR 185 for 90 ml. This hair oil is easily available.

Ingredients

Mineral oil, sesame seed oil, cetyl dimethicone, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, sweet almond oil, olive fruit oil, rose extract, perfume, rose flower petals, Palm oil, BHT, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, tocopheryl acetate. Contains: 16% w/w vegetable oil and 78% w/w mineral oil.

Type of material- type 3 hair oil

My thoughts

The hair oil comes in a big glass bottle with pump dispenser. Bottle is too heavy to travel with. The oil is clear and you can see rose petals floating in it. The packaging looks nice.

Dove Elixir Rose and Almond hair oil has a pleasant fragrance but a strong one.

I usually oil my hair once a week. On other times I just wash my hair without oiling it. This product claims to reduce hair fall due to breakage, dramatically. And I’m glad to say that it works though not dramatically :D. It reduced my hair fall to some extent. But it became helpless in rainy season when I experience bad hair fall.

It is lightweight and I keep it on my hair overnight as I don’t get time in the morning for oiling my hair. It does not feel overly oily and is washed off easily.

This oil can also be used as a hair serum after wash, though I’ve never tried it that way.

The Positives-

·         Reduces hair fall a bit

·         Hygienic and easy to use packaging

·         Easily available

·         Cheap

·         Lightweight

The Negatives-

·         Strong smell

·         Does not reduce hair fall ‘dramatically’

·         Not travel friendly

·         Contains too much mineral oil and less natural ingredients

Summing it up- You can try this if you have some hair fall. I don’t think that I’ll buy it again as I get bored of using the same product for a long time.

Rating- 3.5/5

7 comments:

  1. Heard a lot abt this product..Its a decent one..
    Decoration looks soo nice..
    happy diwali in adavnce sweetie


    check out my recent one :http://www.vanitynoapologies.com/2013/11/mac-riri-woo-lipstick-review-swatches-comparison-ruby-woo-russian-red.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks cool - personally I wouldn't like the strong smell but it looks nice!
    Great Post!

    xoxo
    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smell can be a turn off but I bear it as product is good and my nose is not very sensitive :) thanx

      Delete
  3. Nice review Maitri, this one sounds fine :) I will try this one <3

    ReplyDelete